From my twitter this morning: "intentions for the year to come: treat myself with the same kindness as i do those dearest to me. keep an open heart. laugh love breathe."
To be honest, I've had a crappy day. I tried (probably unsuccessfully) to put on my game face when my parents skyped me to say happy birthday (sorry mom!), but I'm feeling le crap today, mainly thanks to about a week and a half's worth of crappy sleeps that are catching up with me bigtime. (That reminds me, if anyone hears about any great apartments for rent in the West End or Mt. Pleasant/Cambie area, I'd be very interested in hearing about it!) But hey, I've made it this far, and I know that not every day is rough so I just have to wait these ones out. Luckily, I'm not really celebrating my birthday for a couple days so I'll have time to recover a bit!
My parents sent me some really lovely and cheery flowers, and a box of goodies, which was very nice (thanks!) and I've had a steady stream of messages and even a couple surprise phone calls today that have reminded me how many wonderful lovely people are in my life.
And since I'm a bit of a crankster today, here's my attempt to focus on the good:
- The new Constantines album.
- Having a job that is interesting and allows me to take care of myself.
- Lotsa birthday wishes.
- Smoked salmon and roasted potatoes with shallots and garlic.
- Looking forward to massage appointment tomorrow.
- My mom being silly and holding the dog up to the webcam to say hello.
- Talking to my dad more lately.
- Magicbags. (Don't know what they are? Click here.)
- Every day is a new chance for awesomeness.
- (And a late addition:) Alex turning up with pressies and moral support.